Tuesday 22 April 2008

Tralee

Tralee
Next Monday I am booked on a week long fiddle course in a town called Kenmare which is a little south of Dingle so I will be staying around this area for the rest of the week. For a change of scenery I have come inland to the town of Tralee, which I think is the capital of Co. Kerry.

Well... it's wet, windy, and cold; finally, Ireland as it should be! This is the first time I've had any substantial rain since I arrived, and even as I type this it is easing off.

I headed off this morning into Tralee in the rain on my bicycle (it's about 10 mins cycle from the campsite and easier than finding somewhere to park, and having to pay for it!)... I haven't really got much to say about today, a very nice town surrounded by mountains (which I hope to explore over the next few days). I did a bit of grocery shopping and then ended up sharing my lunch, and a conversation, with a homeless Czech man who is Deaf, in the porch of a church in the town centre... Now I am back in my campervan drying off my socks and doing some work.

Tralee Fountain


I think tomorrow I will head out to the mountains to see what I can find.

No comments: