Saturday 5 April 2008

County Wexford

Well I made it... so far so good. The van survived the trip along the motorways in England even if 0-60 took about 13 mins... And with the GPS accidentally set to 'fuel efficiency' it meant I had an interesting scenic route through the Welsh hills - I don't think it knows about contours!

I spent my first day in Ireland in County Wexford, about 10kms from Wexford town... I have been buying a few bits and pieces for my van and checking everything is still working OK...


Caravan site near Wexford:

Wexford Fisherman's Quay:
Looking across the river Slaney from Wexford:
The Road & Railway along the seafront in Wexford (pedestrians cross where you like!):
It's a really pretty place here , even the industrial areas look nice somehow. Today I will be heading into Co. Waterford to a town called Dungarvan, nearly on the border with Co. Cork. I will probably stay there for a few days to see if I can get to some traditional music sessions.

Wexford high street:

Selskar Abbey:
The weather has been really good so far but today it is much colder than yesterday and the next few nights may go below freezing, luckily I have a good heater and lots of clothes so it shouldn't be too bad!

For Christmas Chris gave me a camping cookbook - I used it to make dinner last night and was pretty impressed... I think I'll try a different recipe each day

What it should look like:

What it did look like:
mmmmmm.... noodle soup

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your meal looks remarkably similar to the picture in the book!

fiddler2 said...

Glad you arrived safely despite the GPS.

Have camped alongside a VW for many years now with only one problem - the slamming of the door in the middle of the night after too many beers.

Keep posting campsite photos because if I haven't had my op by May we might well meet up at The Baltimore Fiddle Fair May 8-11.

Would be tempted to sample your cooking by then :-)

Unknown said...

Rosie, Amy and I are reading this with alot of jealousy, looks so fun! Looking forward to lots of updates ... after you've perfected the cooking you'll have to come here. Must say it's pretty fancy camping food! :p
emma xo